There are many ways to use some of the beautiful art and designs to create art and visuals for your March or Actions. A few tips and how-to’s below.
- COPY AND PRINT: download, and email to yourself or put on a flash drive and go to your printing place (Like FedEx) or find out who you know who has a color printer or access to color printing. Make color copies (or black and white copies-depending on design) on 11×17 or 12×18 (if that is an option). It’s ideal if you can get cardstock or a heavy paper.
- MOUNT: You can also mount them on cut-to-size posterboard/cardboard/thin plywood/etc using spray adhesive, glue stick, or tape around the edges. You can use a colored paper/board with a border showing or paint border.
- ENLARGE AND ASSEMBLE: One way to make a larger sign is to enlarge the design onto two sideways 11×17 sheets, cut and paste together on a rigid backing, to make one bigger sign—or do it in 4 sections and make it even bigger. You can also get larger color copies at many copyshops, but it can be expensive.
- HAND COLOR–HAVE AN ART PARTY: The black and white designs are great to print out and hand color–perfect for hosting an art build for the march. You can easily copy onto 11×17 paper, or enlarge larger, either by cutting and pasting two more more enlarged section together or by coping on a large format copier (most FedEx stores have them). You can use colored pencils, watercolors or watered down latex or acrylic paints–watered down so it the black lines come through, but the color is not too weak. Get brushes that work and do some testing.
- SCREENPRINT: You can use the black and white design to screenprint onot paper or fabric and then hand paint those prints. You can mount fabric on top and bottom sticks and attach to a verical pole, called a crossbar flag. Instructions and examples →