Where: Exact Location TBA, England
When: 11AM Saturday November 27 2010
What: A recreation of the legendary King Canute, trying but failing to command the ocean, created by Thom Yorke and Stanley Donwood.
Notes about the event:
- The first 2,000 people that RSVP (using the form below) will be guaranteed a spot in the Thom Yorke sculpture. (The remainder will be placed on a waiting list.)
- Please note all participants must arrive at 11am and be able to stay until 13hr on Saturday November 27, 2010.
- Please wear all black since your body will literally be the "paint" that makes this drawing.
- Please also be sure to dress warmly, bring rain gear (just in case) and water. We will provide everyone a black poncho/mac.
- Please also note that we will create the human sculpture even if it rains and is stormy, since weather is a central character in this art piece. Yes, this sounds mad but since we're recreating the story of King Canute it works.
We're working with Thom Yorke on the EARTH Art project to make the links clear between the musical arts like the Zero Carbon Concerts this weekend to the visual arts like Eraser's climate-inspired visual art.